Chicago Polyamory Connection was founded in 2013. We strive to be a safe, welcoming gathering space, and a home for diverse polyamorous folks from all over the city and the surrounding area. We welcome all those who consider themselves polyamorous, those who are curious about polyamory, and supportive friends, lovers, and allies – regardless of age, gender, gender identity, orientation, relationship status, or any other aspect of your identity.
We host Poly Cocktails on the second Monday evening of every month. We also schedule additional events depending on our time and on demand (let us know if there’s something you’d like to see!). Our events are laid-back and social – not sex parties – and some are family friendly. We always enforce a set of house rules in order to maintain a safe space:
- Learn – Our events are for learning about polyamory and developing friendships and connections within the community. It is not a play space–therefore nudity, kink, and sex play are not permitted at this event.
- Open communication – We are all about open and honest communication! Help us to create a space that facilitates trust, where attendees give and receive support to one another. Get to know your fellow attendees by asking respectful questions and listening carefully.
- Verbal Consent – Please be sure to ask and wait for a yes before hugging or initiating any physical contact, and encourage each other to speak openly about consent and personal boundaries. This helps foster a culture where personal boundaries are supported and attendees are empowered to speak confidently of their limits. (i.e. “Can I give you a hug?” “No thank you, but I would love a handshake.”)
- Expectations – check them at the door! Being at this event does not signal sexual availability or indicate any aspect of sexual orientation
- Respectful behavior toward hosts and guests is required. Anyone who violates these rules may be asked to leave the event.
- Safer Space – CPC strives to create a safer space for people of ALL identities, including those who do not identify as polyamorous. No photography, video, or recording of any kind is allowed without prior verbal consent of all parties involved.
There are two ways to get involved with our events:
- We post events through the Chicago Polyamory Meetup Group. Join the group and look for events with the acronym “CPC.”
- We also have a secret Facebook group where we post events and other news. If you’d like to be added, grab one of the organizers at Cocktails or email us at email@example.com and we’ll add you to it!